As a community full of students, it’s natural that we are here to find the affordable places we can eat at. But the thing is, a handful of affordable places in Elbi doesn’t even have the courtesy to maintain cleanliness, even with their food. So we picked the ones who made a name in Elbi over the years–the ones with affordability, with close proximity to the campus, with presentability and unique to Elbi. Here are the 10 Affordable Places Where UPLB Students Usually Eat in Los Baños which worth your every penny.
1. Vat Cave Eatery. Caught that sudden craving of the tastiest Lechon Kawali in town? Bahala na si Vatman. Location: Umali Subdivision.
2. Eat-Sumo Teri Haus. Here’s a quick stop if the Japanese sumo inside you wants to grab and gobble some of that sushi and Katsudon. Location: Grove.
3. Spice Jar. Nothing like an affordable Tex-Mex inspired food on the corner of the street. Location: Osboy’s Building, Lopez Ave.
4. Tresto. One of two places in Elbi that a sizzling sisig is actually worth it. I mean, seriously, we all know sisig is not that healthful. But if ever you’re going to shorten your lives by eating sisig everyday, this is worth the risk. Location: Umali Subdivision.
5. Bahay Sisigan ni Apung Piping. Apung Piping’s sisig will also change everything you know about sisig. Your taste buds are noob if they haven’t experienced this. Location: Demarses.
6. Cel’s Fastfood. You may find Cel’s as a classic turo-turo style restaurant, but behold, they have a wide-range of exceptionally good meals. Location: Demarses.
7. Big D’s or more popularly known as ‘Ramenan’. A nook with the most satisfying ramen in town for them ninjas. Seriously though, the place itself is quite ninja since it’s somehow unnoticeable at first. Location: Raymundo.
8. RM Cadapan’s Canteen. Longing for a juicy, crispy, and cheaper Chickenjoy? Worry not, Cadapan’s classic fried chicken got your back. Location: Raymundo.
9. Big Belly’s. The name says it all. This one’s for those who seemingly have a big void in their stomach that can’t be filled with an average-sized meal. Location: UPLB/ Grove.
10. Mang Toto Chicken Bacolod Inasal. A cheaper and more accessible Mang Inasal. It’s pretty much similar to Mang Inasal, only there’s no Angel Locsin. Location: UPLB.
BONUS: No time to eat due to a hectic schedule? Why not try these street food we found to be extraordinarily delicious. It’s gonna blow your mind.
1. Mhel’s Proven or ‘Provenan sa Raymundo’
2. Kwek-kwek sa Vega Arcade
3. Ferd’s Grill or ‘Ferd’s Isaw’ Location: LB Square/ Agapita
Want to travel UPLB? Make the most of your trip by reading this: The Ultimate UPLB Travel Guide